Personal hygiene is one of the things that make a gentleman. Nothing attracts women more than a man who looks clean and fresh. It’s one of those irresistible qualities that can make a man popular to the girls. From head to toe there are many things that a man can do to take care of himself. Men can be capable of little vanities too as much as women do especially when it comes to taking care of their personal hygiene. Most importantly, a man should pay extra attention to taking care of his face. One of the things that a man should always have available in his own personal hygiene kit is of course, a beard kit.
If your beard is a vital part of your personal style then that means that you should take good care of it. Just like any soldier getting ready for battle, every man should have the right tools for the maintenance of his facial hair. If you don’t have the right tools it’ll make the process harder for you than it actually is. What’s the use of having all that glorious hair on your face if it makes you look like a homeless man? You’re beard should make you look masculine, mysterious and should add on to your confidence. Investing on your own beard kit will definitely go a long way. So the question is: what makes a good beard kit?
There are many beard kits in the market and they all vary in price, sizes and accessory inclusions. It can get confusing once you walk down that isle at the grocery store and shop for your own kit. What are the things that you should be looking for in a beard kit? What makes a beard kit in good quality? Once you purchased your own beard kit is there a correct way of using it? Let’s answer all those questions and everything all you need to know about beard kits.
What Makes a Good Beard Kit
Not all beard kits are made same and equal. From the tools, shampoo, oils, etc; there are a lot of things that needs to be considered when buying your beard kit. Here are a few tips to take note of:
1. Just like buying food at the grocery it’s important that you check the label. If you’re the type with sensitive skin and easily gets breakouts when using products with one specific ingredient or has allergic reactions to certain ingredients then this is something that you have to take special care of. You should pay extra attention to the ingredients because instead of making your beard look good it might just do the opposite if the product isn’t made from good ingredients. Even if you don’t have sensitive skin, using all-natural products is still best.
2. Quality over quantity; cliché but always true. Make sure your kit has high-quality comb or brush. No matter how much oil and balm you apply on that hair you won’t be able to get rid of all the knots and tangles without a good brush.
3. The oil and balm included in beard kits are to insure that the skin is kept moisturized. So one thing that you have to take note of when purchasing your kits is that the brand address hydration too.
4. Before purchasing your kit make sure you are aware of the scent the shampoo, wash, oil or balm might have. You’ll be wasting your money if you buy a kit only to find out that you don’t like the way it smells.
5. The main purpose of the kit is to keep you clean and fresh so it is a must that your kit should include a shampoo or some type of wash.
6. When you decide to get yourself a beard kit, make sure that you’ve got everything you want and need in one box. It’s cheaper if you buy everything in one and you can make sure that all the products work with one another since they come from the same line or brand. This is one way of avoiding getting any allergic reaction or breakouts because one product would not react well with another.
Using the tips listed above, it should not be difficult to shop for your very own beard kit. With the many options and choices available in the market you’re sure to find the beard kit that suits you best soon! Once you have purchased your own kit you can go ahead and give yourself a makeover. But if you find yourself confused and lost not knowing how to use the kit, don’t worry – you’re not the first one. It can be overwhelming at first when you open your kit for the first time but as long as you follow these steps you’re safe.
Step by Step Guide on How to Use A Beard Kit
Begin by washing your beard. Wet the hair with some water and then pour a small of the shampoo or wash that is included in the kit you bought. Apply the shampoo or wash unto your beard and wash it just like when you shampoo the hair on your head. Don’t forget to give attention to the skin under you beard and wash it as well. When satisfied, rinse it off. As an extra step, if a conditioner is included in the kit you can use it after the shampoo or wash. Once done, reduce the wetness of your beard by patting it gently without drying it off completely.
The next step is for keep the skin under your beard hydrated. Pour a little bit of oil on your palm. Rub and massage it unto your beard without missing the skin under the beard.
After the oil, using your thumbnail take the desired amount from the balm included in the kit. Rub the balm on your palms first until it is dissolved then, apply to your beard.
The final step is the grooming and styling part. You can groom your beard with the style that you want and you can use the brush to help you even out your beard as well as distribute it evenly. The brush will also help evenly distribute the oil and balm on your beard to keep it smooth and give it a healthy shine.
Maintaining your beard is easy once you get the hang of it. And once you get praises from people around you about it, it might just end up as a satisfying activity for you. Although the tips for buying your beard kit as well as the steps in maintaining it might seem simple those are what will keep you beard strong, clean and good looking.